Sunday, April 18, 2010

TOMS shoes + chili help?

I'm taking a break from my weekend work load to share a design I did for a contest a couple of weeks ago. Teen Vogue teamed up with TOMS shoes to offer a chance to have your own design turned into the next pair of TOMS shoes. Unfortunately, mine didn't make it to the final 10, but I'm still really happy with the work I did. You can vote on the finalists right now here: http://www.teenvogue.com/magazine/quizzes/toms_contest/toms_contest.

On another note, I have a lot of black beans and corn left over from a mexican pizza that I made last week. I'm thinking about making a chili with ground turkey. Something I can throw in the crock pot for the day that isn't going to make an obscene amount of servings that will end up being in my freezer for months (there's only two of us eating it). I haven't had any luck finding something online or in my slow cooker books and I'm figuring that I will end up making something up on my own based on a few recipes, but I wanted to see if anyone out there in blog land had suggestions before I tried that. P.S. I don't like really spicy food. 

2 comments :

  1. You can make a nice salad with the black beans and corn, like this: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=671002. You can leave out the stuff you don't like (to me a salad is a bowl of lettuce, heh). You could also make salsa, which looks more or less like the same recipe: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,171,131180-252193,00.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to get some neutral Toms and make these pretty little things happen!(:

    ReplyDelete