Monday, April 26, 2010

Greens.

Yesterday I finished my planting just in time for God to handle the watering. It was really lovely how that worked out. I planted some flowers, Gerbera daisies, Poppies, and Lavender (which I suppose is technically an herb but I don't ever use it to cook, I just love it for it's scent). I was too undecided about what fruits and veggies I wanted to plant besides the Sequoia Strawberry that I brought home a few weeks ago. After a little reading at home and advice from my dad I've since settled on lettuce, spinach, and summer squash. Tomatoes are always on my growing list, but it's still a little too early for them. I may throw in a yellow pepper as well. I don't often use them to cook, but I have no problem sharing. My goal for this week is to install a window box outside of our kitchen to grow the spinach in. I can imagine how nice it would be to be able to reach out the window and pick a salad. My Basil and Oregano sprouts are doing quite well in the kitchen. I'll have to thin them out soon.






1 comment :

  1. This comment is to tell you how much I am in love with the first photo and how much it reminds me of this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1260946/The-stunning-pictures-sleeping-insects-covered-early-morning-dew.html

    Also you may be entertained to know the word I have to type for verification is "updoz".

    ReplyDelete