Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday. Monday. Monday.

Today feels especially Monday-like. 
I blame it on the fact that I had a really fantastic, relaxing weekend. 

Friday Andrew and I went out to what is quickly becoming my favorite mexican restaurant. Unfortunately, it's too expensive to indulge in very often. They have the best little patio with shade trees and hanging strings of lights. Sitting there reminded me so much of California. I had a mango white wine sangria that I can't stop thinking about. It was that good. 

The rest of my weekend was spent taking walks, finishing up freelance jobs, and diving into some personal work for upcoming shows. Attempting to work on multiple large scale pieces at once in our office at home made me really miss my old studio. Also, our office is seriously lacking in good natural light. I've been dreaming up an attic studio for our house (if we ever get to close the deal) that includes skylights. 

Today I finished building my new work friend:
Building these little paper figures is my new favorite lunchtime project. Stay Puft has now taken his place on my shelf next to Steve Zissou and Zombie Freud. 

No comments :

Post a Comment